This position in the Company is very challenging and entails a great deal of responsibility. Foremen will deal directly with customers, Tower Technologies project managers, and crewmembers. Foremen must hold skills and knowledge to delegate authority, work efficiently in challenging environments, take responsibility for the actions of themselves as well as for others, and present a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
When you are assigned a project you will be expected to complete the project in a timely and professional manner. Office management will provide you with everything you need to complete your project. The following list includes expected responsibilities of a Crew Foreman:
- Study all available materials pertaining to your project.
- Notify the office as soon as possible of any discrepancies or materials that need to be ordered.
- Foremen manage the projects on site and it is the Foreman’s responsibility to complete the project on time.
- Go over project plans with crewmembers and discuss task assignments – be receptive to input from crewmembers. Train and assist employees in completing tasks when needed.
- Get work started as soon as possible and keep the crewmembers busy and productive. Lead by example, demonstrating an attitude of safety, cost control, asset management, and professionalism.
- Make sure trucks and trailers are loaded and stocked with all needed material and equipment before leaving home base. DOT logbooks must be completed accurately, by all, each day.
- Make sure maintenance on trucks is up to date. Foremen are responsible for scheduling oil changes and checking tires and fluids before leaving for a job.
- Maintain and enforce all Tower Technologies and OSHA safety practices, perform daily jobsite safety inspections on equipment prior to operation. Immediately stop work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Assume responsibility for arriving on site at a reasonable time.
- Keep an open line of communication between the field and the office. It is the Foreman’s responsibility to report daily to the office any changes and/or discrepancies.
- Professionally interact with client’s representatives, land owners, site managers and consistently log in and out of jobsites when needed.
- Foremen will be responsible to record and document work accomplished and hours worked by employees on a daily log sheet.
- Be able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Computer skills are a must (email, RET programming, closeouts, etc.).
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Skills / Experience
The following is a list of general requirements for this position:
- 3+ years construction background required in telecommunications.
- At least one year of supervisory experience running 2-5 crewmembers is ideal, however we will train the right candidate.
- Able to read and interpret construction drawings, details and specifications.
- Microwave pathing experience helpful.
- PIM, Sweep, Optic testing knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working with aerial lifts and cranes (hand signals, rigging, safety, etc).
- Gin Pole or Guy Tensioning knowledge a plus.
- Good organization and housekeeping skills.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record a must. CDL a plus.
Normal scheduling requires our crew members to meet at our shop in Prairie du Sac every Monday morning returning on Friday. There will be some local work, though weekly travel will usually be required. When you are required to stay overnight for a job you will receive $125 dollars per diem per day for lodging and meals.
Hourly wage can be $20-30 per hour, depending on knowledge and experience. Employees are evaluated multiple times a year on performance and training progress. Performance raises can be received many times a year and will be given as the crew foreman progresses.
Benefits are available after a 90 day probationary period of employment. We offer paid Personal Time Off up to four weeks, nine paid holidays, $300/year boot/gear reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plan with Company Contribution, 100% Employer-paid health, dental, vision, life insurance (additional compensation will be considered if “opting out” of insurance benefits) and Safety Bonus. $125 Per Diem each overnight out of town. Corporate lodging discounts for affordable lodging when traveling. Training and Education program. Majority of weekends off, rare weekend work may be required. Working with a company that respects its employees!
Directions for applying
If you are interested in applying with Tower Technologies, LLC click on the button below to complete an application online.
If you would like to download and print an application, click on the button below.
After completely filling out the application please
Fax it to us at (608) 644-0131
Mail it to:
Tower Technologies, LLC
801 13th Street
Prairie du Sac, WI 53578